Sept 23 (Reuters) - Toronto’s main stock index was set open lower on Friday, extending the previous day’s heavy losses, as investors continue to liquidate risky assets on concerns that a struggling global economy will dent demand.
* Canadian equity futures <0#SXF:> pointed to a lower open.
* U.S. stock index futures fell as talk of a Greece default gained pace and a day after markets spiraled downward on deepening worries about global economic stagnation. [.N]
* European shares fell after a fresh pledge of support from leading global economies to shore up the financial sector failed to placate markets, leaving them on course for a fifth straight month of losses. [.EU]
* Asian markets were largely down on fears of renewed recession in the developed world. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ To receive an early e-mail of Reuters Morning News Call - Canada -- a preview of market moving news -- Thomson Reuters subscribers can register at [CA/MNC] ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
* The Thomson Reuters-Jefferies CRB index .CRB, a global commodities benchmark, fell 1.50 percent in early trade.
* Brent crude oil turned lower to hit a six-week low near $103 a barrel after an initial rally faded, on concern about the outlook for the economy and oil demand. [O/R]
* Gold prices fell further, dropping to a 6-week low, weakening in tandem with a sharp sell-off across commodities as the dollar pared falls and traders cited selling in the precious metal to cover losses in other asset classes. [GOL/]
* LME lead fell 5 percent as investors continued to liquidate risky assets on concerns that a struggling global economy may dent demand. [MET/L]
* Strategic Oil & Gas Ltd. SOG.V: The junior oil and gas company said its CFO Jim Screaton has resigned to pursue other opportunities. [ID:nL3E7KN1RK]
Following is a summary of research actions on Canadian companies reported by Reuters. [RCH/CA]
* Amica Mature Lifestyles ACC.TO coverage started with outperform; price target of C$9.25 at National Bank
* Keegan Resources KGN.TO price target cut to C$12 from C$14 at CIBC
* MBAC Fertilizer MBC.TO price target raised to C$5.75 from C$5.50 at National Bank
* Orbit Garant Drilling Inc (OGD.TO) price target cut to C$7 from C$7.60 at National Bank
$1= $1.03 Canadian Reporting by Anil Kumar; Editing by Jeffrey Hodgson