May 5 (Reuters) - Suncor Energy Inc
* Suncor Energy provides RMWB operations update
* There is no damage to any of Suncor assets or operations in fort McMurray region
* Suncor has, in a planned and controlled fashion, safely shut down operations at its base plant, Mackay river and Firebag
* "Actions taken are expected to enable a safe and prompt return to full production. Planning for restart is well advanced"
* Safe transport of Fort McMurray residents out of region continues
* Syncrude continues to operate at reduced rates reflecting limited labour availability Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom: +1 646 223 8780)