Aug 9 (Reuters) - Cipher Pharmaceuticals Inc
* Announces changes to its board of directors
* Special committee, determined that a reconstitution of board was in best interests of Cipher and its shareholders
* Gerald McDole, William Claypool, Renee Tannenbaum and Rosemary Crane will step down from board effective immediately
* Special committee determined that a "reconstitution of board was in best interests of Cipher and its shareholders"
* Mark Beaudet, Christian Godin and Harold Wolkin will be appointed as directors with immediate effect Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: