Oct 26 (Reuters) - Catalyst Paper Corp :
* Catalyst Paper announces principal securityholder support for recapitalization, and provides update regarding KGI support agreement
* Catalyst Paper -each individual principal securityholder indicated that it would support an alternative recapitalization plan
* Catalyst Paper Corp - "board of directors believes that availability of such an alternative is in interest of company and all of its stakeholders"
* Catalyst Paper - implementation of alternative recapitalization plan will not affect any of catalyst's contractual relationships with its trade vendors
* Catalyst Paper -implementation of alternative recapitalization plan would not affect any of contractual relationships with its trade vendors
* Catalyst Paper Corp - alternative recapitalization plan also contemplates conversion of amount of such deferred interest into equity
* Catalyst Paper-alternative recapitalization plan contemplates deal under which shares not held by 3 principal securityholders will be exchanged for cash Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: