Jan 12 (Reuters) - Shaw Communications Inc -
* Shaw announces first quarter results
* Q1 revenue rose 14.9 percent to c$1.3 billion
* Shaw communications inc qtrly basic and diluted earnings per share c$18
* Incurred non-recurring restructuring charge of $10 million in quarter
* 2017 consolidated capital investment targets also remain unchanged from previously provided guidance at $1.3 billion for year
* Sees 2017 operating income before restructuring costs and amortization is expected to range between $2.125 and $2.175 billion
* Sees 2017 free cash flow expected to exceed $400 million
* Shaw Communications Inc - "Shaw confirms at this time that there are no changes to our previously issued fiscal 2017 guidance"
* Qtrly basic and diluted earnings per share from continuing operations $0.18
* Shaw Communications Inc - "entered fiscal 2017 with momentum and on track to deliver on our strategic initiatives"
* Will continue with rollout of LTE-advanced upgrade which is expected to be complete in existing major markets by end of fiscal 2017 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: