July 27 (Reuters) - Suncor Energy
* Says in early stages of commercial dispute with Fort Hills project partner Total SA over project funding.
* Suncor does not anticipate dispute with Total will disrupt plan for Fort Hills to start producing oil by end-2017
* Suncor says some spending on Fort Hills earmarked for next year will take place this year, 2018 capital budget will shrink accordingly
* Suncor says 2018 capital budget will be below C$5 billion, 2019 capital spend will be around C$5 billion
* Chief executive says Syncrude oil sand project's performance is "not acceptable" Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting By Nia Williams)