Dec 12 (Reuters) - Questerre Energy Corp
* shares rise 71 percent in Oslo trading after Quebec approval of legislation
* Company says the National Assembly in Quebec has passed as law Bill 106, an act to implement the 2030 Energy Policy and amend various legislative provisions. These amendments include the enactment of the Petroleum Resources Act
* says the new law is a milestone for Quebec
* "Following our Utica discovery, Questerre and others lobbied the government for a modern law to develop oil and gas. After more than six years of environmental studies and public consultations, we are pleased with this important step forward"
* This new law lays the groundwork for the introduction of the associated regulations in early 2017. It will also allow us to accelerate the work to secure our social license to operate in the Lowlands Further company coverage: