* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 0.00 percent to 16,950.70
* Leading the index were Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd , up 5.4%, Crescent Point Energy Corp , up 4.7%, and Hudbay Minerals Inc , higher by 4.1%.
* Lagging shares were Canopy Growth Corp , down 6.2%, Semafo Inc, down 4.4%, and Hexo Corp, lower by 4.3%.
* On the TSX 125 issues rose and 105 fell as a 1.2-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 17 new highs and 2 new lows, with total volume of 187.1 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc , Whitecap Resources Inc and Canopy Growth Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 0.70 points, or 0.5%, while the financials sector slipped 0.26 points, or 0.1%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.51%, or $0.3, to $59.32 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.22% , or $0.14, to $64.39 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 18.3% for the year.
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.