* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 1.00 percent to 16,274.07
* Leading the index were Aurora Cannabis Inc <ACB.TO>, up 16.2%, Canopy Growth Corp , up 11.2%, and Spin Master Corp , higher by 10.1%.
* Lagging shares were Silvercorp Metals Inc , down 5.0%, Lundin Gold Inc, down 4.9%, and Aritzia Inc, lower by 4.7%.
* On the TSX 53 issues rose and 168 fell as a 0.3-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 3 new highs and 1 new low, with total volume of 212.7 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Enbridge Inc , Toronto-dominion Bank and Manulife Financial Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 0.58 points, or 0.9%, while the financials sector slipped 2.97 points, or 1.1%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 0.42%, or $0.17, to $40.71 a barrel. Brent crude fell 1.02%, or $0.44, to $42.49 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 4.6% for the year.
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.