* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.05 percent to 16,171.06
* Leading the index were Aurinia Pharmaceuticals Inc <AUP.TO>, up 14.1%, First Majestic Silver Corp , up 13.5%, and Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers Inc , higher by 5.1%.
* Lagging shares were Cascades Inc , down 5.4%, Aurora Cannabis Inc, down 4.5%, and Pason Systems Inc, lower by 4.1%.
* On the TSX 116 issues rose and 101 fell as a 1.1-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 19 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 185.8 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Manulife Financial Corp , Enbridge Inc and Suncor Energy Inc.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 1.08 points, or 1.3%, while the financials sector slipped 0.85 points, or 0.3%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 0.07%, or $0.03, to $41.89 a barrel. Brent crude fell 0.05%, or $0.02, to $44.3 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 5.2% for the year.
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.