* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 0.13 percent to 15,997.06
* Leading the index were Yamana Gold Inc <YRI.TO>, up 9.3%, Wheaton Precious Metals Corp WPM.TO, up 5.6%, and Lundin Gold Inc LUG.TO, higher by 4.4%.
* Lagging shares were ECN Capital Corp ECN.TO, down 4.6%, Ero Copper Corp ERO.TO, down 3.6%, and Aurora Cannabis Inc ACB.TO, lower by 3.4%.
* On the TSX 72 issues rose and 146 fell as a 0.5-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 4 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 166.5 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Royal Bank Of Canada RY.TO, Yamana Gold Inc YRI.TO and Suncor Energy Inc SU.TO.
* The TSX's energy group .SPTTEN fell 0.13 points, or 0.2%, while the financials sector .SPTTFS slipped 2.52 points, or 0.9%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 rose 0.66%, or $0.27, to $41.34 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 rose 0.07%, or $0.03, to $43.34 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 6.2% for the year.