LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A California court official on Monday issued a stay away order against a man accused of stalking Jennifer Aniston and laying in wait for the actress with a sharp object, a bag, duct tape and written messages for her.
Santa Monica Superior Court Commissioner David A. Cowen ordered 24-year-old Jason Peyton to stay away from Aniston’s home and anywhere she is working for the next three years.
In court papers, lawyers for Aniston said Peyton is a “diagnosed delusional paranoid schizophrenic” and “poses a credible threat of violence and imminent danger” to the former “Friends” star.
Peyton allegedly drove to Los Angeles from Pennsylvania this summer with “I Love You Jennifer Aniston” etched into the paint on his car, then waited for her in “an apparent planned abduction,” lawyers said in court filings.
A temporary order was previously issued to Peyton in July.
This is the third restraining order issued for star stalkers in California this past week, beginning with Leonardo DiCaprio’s alleged bottle attacker, followed by the man accused of pestering Sandra Bullock for nearly a decade.
“This is clearly a case of a fan going beyond being a fan,” a judge said of the Bullock incident. “This is the downside of celebrity.”
Reporting by Carolina Madrid; Editing by Bob Tourtellotte