LOS ANGELES (TheWrap) - People on Twitter responded with a range of sadness to eye-rolls upon the news that Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony are separating after seven years of marriage.
Even actor Jason Alexander added his voice to the mix:
@IJasonAlexander: JLo is back in play. Anyone hooks me up with her cell number and then it’s just a matter of time.
“Entertainment Tonight” co-host Nancy O’Dell (@NancyODell): “So sorry to hear the Jennifer Lopez/Marc Anthony news.”
Entertainment news commentator Dan Wootton (@danwootton): “Shocked that Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony have split. They seemed so in love on American Idol.”
Here is a sampling of some fan responses:
- @KardashK_Army: So so shocked that Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony have split. So sudden and out of nowhere! Good luck to them both in the future ?
- @4eyedmonk: But J-Lo has every reason to be proud of this one.....this marriage lasted over 3 times longer than her last 2....applause!!!
- @BigJooceBabaaay: JLO gets divorced whenever she releases an album!
- @Danniimeanogue: Jennifer Lopez & Marc Anthony to divorce. Jlo to write a new song about the split called “Love costs a lot more nowadays.”
- @juicymorsel: The split between JLo and Mark Anthony is amiable now that they have agreed who gets custody of the full-length mirrors.
Also Saturday, a spokesman for Lopez and Anthony’s “American Idol”-style singing show “Q-Viva: The Chosen” told Variety the show will go ahead as planned.