LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Actress Lindsay Lohan began serving a 90-day jail term on Tuesday for violating her probation on a 2007 drunk-driving and cocaine possession charge.
Here are details of some other celebrities who have served time behind bars:
* Robert Mitchum — U.S. actor served two months jail for drug possession in 1948.
* Sophia Loren — Italian actress served nearly three weeks in prison in 1982 for tax evasion.
* Zsa Zsa Gabor — Actress sentenced to three days jail for assaulting police officer in 1989.
* Robert Downey Jr. — U.S. actor, served one year in prison in 1999 for cocaine possession.
* Martha Stewart — U.S. business mogul and lifestyle guru serves five months in prison in 2004 for lying about stocks.
* Lil’ Kim — U.S. rapper serves ten months in prison in 2005 for lying about her friends’ involvement in a shooting.
* Paris Hilton — U.S. hotel heiress, served just over 22 days in detention in June 2007, for violating probation in a drunken-driving case.
* Michael Vick — U.S. football player pleads guilty in August 2007 to charges relating to a dogfighting ring and serves 21 months in prison.
* Nicole Richie — U.S. star of “The Simple Life” serves 82 minutes of a four-day sentence for driving under the influence in Aug, 2007.
* Kiefer Sutherland — Star of the TV series “24,” spent 48 days in jail after a September, 2007 arrest for DUI.
* Michelle Rodriguez — Former star of the TV series “Lost,” served 17 days of a six-month sentence in Jan, 2008 for probation violation on previous DUI and hit-and-run offenses.
* O.J. Simpson — Former athlete, acquitted for the 1994 murder of his ex-wife and a friend, currently serving 33 years in prison for bungled attempt to recover his own sports memorabilia.
* Phil Spector — Eccentric record producer sentenced to 19 years to life in May 2009 for murdering an actress in 2003.
* T.I. — U.S. rapper began serving a one-year prison sentence in May, 2009 for possessing firearms before being moved to a halfway house six months later.
* Lil Wayne — U.S. rapper began serving an eight-month prison sentence in March, 2010 stemming from 2007 weapons charges.