LONDON (Reuters Life!) - A British motorcyclist who posted footage of himself performing dangerous stunts and speeding at up to 130 mph on the internet site YouTube was given a 12-week jail term on Monday.
Sandor Ferenci, 28, performed wheelies, skids and raced on the opposite side of the road around Banbury, Oxfordshire, in June this year and then put the footage on the video-sharing website.
Ferenci, who admitted two counts of dangerous driving at a previous hearing was jailed at Oxford Crown Court and disqualified from driving for two years, the Press Association reported.
He will have to take an extended driving test before he is allowed on the road again.
Prosecutor Brian Payne said a motorist who saw Ferenci’s antics on the A422 Banbury to Brackley road took down his registration number and later contacted police.
When officers called at his home, Ferenci asked them: “Is this about the YouTube video?”
Judge Terence Maher told Ferenci he had performed “lunatic and grossly irresponsible maneuvers at considerable speed.”
The footage, which was played to the court, had been filmed by a friend from various angles including from a footbridge.
Ferenci’s lawyer Gary Bell said his client, who works as a carer for an elderly woman, had read a story about a child who died as a result of a motorcycle accident and now understood the ramifications of his actions.
“He is truly remorseful for what he has done and is truly sorry,” he told the court.
Reporting by Michael Holden, editing by Paul Casciato