LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Following are some key facts about actress Lindsay Lohan, who started a 90-day jail sentence on Tuesday for violating her probation for a 2007 drunken driving and cocaine possession arrest.
Following are some facts about Lohan and the offenses for which she was sentenced to jail.
* Born July 2, 1986, in New York, Lohan started modeling at age three. Her parents divorced in 2007. She made her feature film debut at age 11 in “The Parent Trap” (1989), playing both twin girls who scheme to reunite their estranged parents.
* Made more than a dozen movies including “Freaky Friday,” “Mean Girls,” “Bobby” and “I Know Who Killed Me.”
* Recreated Marilyn Monroe’s final photo shoot in a 2008 magazine spread that proved controversial because of its partial nudity.
* Released two music albums and was hired by Emanuel Ungaro to design a (widely derided) fashion collection in 2009.
* At age 17, Lohan was the youngest host of the MTV Movie Awards. Won 16 industry awards, including a Screen Actors Guild ensemble cast trophy for “Bobby,” a 1999 Young Artist award, two MTV Movie awards and three 2007 worst actress Razzies.
* Despite a formal scolding in 2006 for partying and late arrivals on the “Georgia Rule” film set, producer James G. Robinson later called Lohan “one of the most talented young women in the movie business today.”
* 2007 saw Lohan arrested twice for driving and drug offenses, and she entered rehab three times saying she is addicted to alcohol and drugs. Sentenced to one day in jail but spent only 84 minutes behind bars. Also placed on three years probation, later extended by a year.
* Lohan missed a court appearance in May 2010, claiming she had lost her passport while on a trip to the Cannes film festival. Judge issued an arrest warrant but revoked it when bail was posted.
* May 24, 2010, Lohan ordered to wear an alcohol monitoring ankle bracelet and submit to random weekly drug and alcohol tests.
* Sentenced on July 6 to 90 days in jail for violating her 2007 probation by missing multiple alcohol education classes. Lohan surrenders to court and starts sentence on July 20.