July 21 (Reuters) - Encana Corp
* Encana delivers strong second quarter results; company expands margins, exceeds type curves, grows premium well inventory and updates guidance
* Qtrly net earnings of $331 million compared to a loss of $601 million in Q2 of 2016
* Qtrly core asset production of 246,500 barrels of oil equivalent per day
* Expects - Core assets will deliver 25 to 30 percent production growth from Q4 of 2016 to Q4 of 2017
* Encana Corp - delivered Q2 total production of 316,000 boe/d, including total liquids production of 124,900 bbls/d
* Encana Corp - "Encana is outperforming its initial 2017 corporate guidance"
* By year-end 2017, expects net debt to adjusted EBITDA ratio will be about two times, will have total liquidity of over $5 billion Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: