Aug 1 (Reuters) - Whitecap Resources Inc
* Announces second quarter 2017 results
* Production averaged 56,266 BoE/D in q2/17 which was within our guidance of 56,000 - 57,000 BoE/D
* Qtrly earnings per share $0.12
* Average production for quarter negatively impacted by about 1,600 BoE/D due to third party facility downtime in west central Saskatchewan
* Qtrly petroleum and natural gas sales $243.3 million versus $135.6 million
* Do not anticipate reducing our $300 million development capital budget for 2017 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.