Oct 12 (Reuters) - Velan Inc:
* Velan Inc reports its second quarter 2017/18 financial results
* Q2 loss per share $0.26
* Q2 sales rose 7.6 percent to $76.5 million
* Says order backlog of US$488.7 million at end of quarter
* Says qtrly bookings amounted to $92.5 million, an increase of $15.1 million or 19.5% compared to last year
* Says “this fiscal year will be difficult”, but confident that recent surge in backlog, with strategic efforts, will improve co’s overall position Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.