* Q1 total rev down 13 pct to C$221.4 mln
* Q1 net loss C$848,000 vs C$3.8 mln last year
* Box office rev falls 18 pct to C$129,956
* Q1 attendance down 15 pct to 15.3 mln
* Ups quarterly dividend 3 pct to C$0.1075 per share (Adds details on revenue per person, top grossers)
May 12 (Reuters) - Canada's Cineplex Galaxy Inc , owner of movie exhibitor Cineplex Entertainment LP, posted a first-quarter loss as both box-office attendance and revenue per patron slipped.
Box-office revenue declined about 18 percent to C$129,956, while attendance fell about 15 percent to 15.3 million.
Revenue per patron declined about 4 percent to C$8.51.
Cineplex said the current quarter was affected by the absence of a major grosser.
Its top grossing film "The King's Speech" contributed to just 7 of percent box office revenue, compared with the a 25.8 percent contribution from "Avatar" last year.
The company also said its quarterly results were hurt by a one-time deferred tax charge of approximately $6 million related to Cineplex's conversion to a corporation in January.
The Toronto-based company's shares closed at C$25.24 on Wednesday on the Toronto Stock Exchange. They have lost about 11 percent of their value since reporting fourth-quarter results in February. (Reporting by Amruta Sabnis in Bangalore; Editing by Roshni Menon)