Aug 24 (Reuters) - Canada Post Corporation:
* Canada Post Group of Companies reported profit before tax of $71 million in Q2 versus $9 million in Q2 2016
* Canada Post Segment reports $31 million profit before tax in second quarter, driven by strong growth in parcels.
* In Q2, parcel volumes grew by 10 million pieces or 23.0 percent compared to same period in 2016
* In Q2, domestic parcels volumes grew by 7 million pieces or 19.6 percent.
* Quarterly transaction mail volumes decreased by 95 million pieces or 10.9 percent in Q2. Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting by Jaslein Mahil)
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.