(Reuters) - * The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX fell 245.64 points, or 1.62 percent, to 14,937.00.
* Lagging shares were Dollarama Inc , down 11.8 percent, Canada Goose Holdings Inc, down 8.5 percent, and Cenovus Energy Inc, lower by 7.7 percent.
* Leading the index were Aphria Inc , up 51.0 percent, Aurora Cannabis Inc , up 13.5 percent, and Canopy Growth Corp , higher by 7.6 percent.
* On the TSX 81 issues rose and 161 fell as a 0.5-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were two new highs and 50 new lows, with total volume of 358.4 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aphria Inc , Aurora Cannabis Inc and Bombardier Inc.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 8.37 points, or 5.40 percent, while the financials sector slipped 4.92 points, or 1.71 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 2.31 percent, or $1.22, to $51.67 a barrel. Brent crude fell 2.16 percent, or $1.33, to $60.23
* The TSX is off 7.8 percent for the year.
Reporting by April Joyner