FILE PHOTO: A man walks past an old Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) sign in Toronto, June 23, 2014. REUTERS/Mark Blinch
* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 0.11 percent to 16,483.16
* Leading the index were SNC-Lavalin Group Inc (SNC.TO), up 19.4%, Sandstorm Gold Ltd (SSL.TO), up 13.9%, and Torex Gold Resources Inc (TXG.TO), higher by 11.3%.
* Lagging shares were Pretium Resources Inc (PVG.TO), down 17.7%, Vermilion Energy Inc (VET.TO), down 9.6%, and Maple Leaf Foods Inc (MFI.TO), lower by 8.4%.
* On the TSX 130 issues rose and 98 fell as a 1.3-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 7 new highs and 8 new lows, with total volume of 221.2 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Encana Corp (ECA.TO), Bombardier Inc (BBDb.TO) and Crescent Point Energy Corp (CPG.TO).
* The TSX’s energy group .SPTTEN fell 2.22 points, or 1.8%, while the financials sector .SPTTFS slipped 0.93 points, or 0.3%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 fell 1.74%, or $0.96, to $54.1 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 fell 0.66% , or $0.4, to $60.21 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 15.1% for the year.