FILE PHOTO: A man walks past an old Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) sign in Toronto, June 23, 2014. REUTERS/Mark Blinch
* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.07 percent to 16,681.92
* Leading the index were Endeavour Mining Corp (EDV.TO), up 8.6%, Finning International Inc (FTT.TO), up 8.1%, and Encana Corp (ECA.TO), higher by 7.8%.
* Lagging shares were Great Canadian Gaming Corp (GC.TO), down 7.9%, OceanaGold Corp (OGC.TO), down 7.0%, and Gran Tierra Energy Inc (GTE.TO), lower by 5.6%.
* On the TSX 107 issues rose and 122 fell as a 0.9-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 22 new highs and 4 new lows, with total volume of 228.5 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Encana Corp (ECA.TO), Bombardier Inc (BBDb.TO) and Aurora Cannabis Inc (ACB.TO).
* The TSX’s energy group .SPTTEN rose 1.59 points, or 1.2%, while the financials sector .SPTTFS climbed 0.92 points, or 0.3%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 rose 1.11%, or $0.63, to $57.17 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 rose 1.27% , or $0.79, to $62.92 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 16.5% for the year.