* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.38 percent to 16,745.64
* Leading the index were SSR Mining Inc , up 8.1%, Home Capital Group Inc , up 6.5%, and Alaris Royalty Corp , higher by 5.8%.
* Lagging shares were Badger Daylighting Ltd , down 22.4%, Semafo Inc, down 10.7%, and Gran Tierra Energy Inc, lower by 9.8%.
* On the TSX 154 issues rose and 75 fell as a 2.1-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 20 new highs and 1 new low, with total volume of 217.0 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Encana Corp , Semafo Inc and Crescent Point Energy Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 2.25 points, or 1.7%, while the financials sector climbed 2.02 points, or 0.6%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 1.22%, or $0.7, to $56.53 a barrel. Brent crude fell 1.72% , or $1.08, to $61.88 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 16.9% for the year.
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.