FILE PHOTO: A TMX Group sign, the company that runs the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX), is seen in Toronto, June 23, 2014. REUTERS/Mark Blinch/File Photo
* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.43 percent to 16,877.42
* Leading the index were Canopy Growth Corp (WEED.TO), up 12.4%, Cronos Group Inc (CRON.TO), up 7.8%, and Badger Daylighting Ltd (BAD.TO), higher by 7.3%.
* Lagging shares were Altus Group Ltd (AIF.TO), down 7.1%, West Fraser Timber Co Ltd (WFT.TO), down 4.4%, and Cascades Inc (CAS.TO), lower by 4.1%.
* On the TSX 114 issues rose and 113 fell as a 1-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 16 new highs and 3 new lows, with total volume of 207.0 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Enbridge Inc (ENB.TO), Aurora Cannabis Inc (ACB.TO) and Encana Corp (ECA.TO).
* The TSX’s energy group .SPTTEN rose 0.50 points, or 0.4%, while the financials sector .SPTTFS climbed 0.53 points, or 0.2%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 rose 0.49%, or $0.28, to $57.43 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 rose 0.55% , or $0.34, to $62.63 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 17.8% for the year.