* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.03 percent to 16,882.83
* Leading the index were Silvercorp Metals Inc , up 6.2%, Interfor Corp , up 4.8%, and First Majestic Silver Corp , higher by 4.5%.
* Lagging shares were Semafo Inc , down 16.1%, Hexo Corp, down 8.1%, and Premium Brands Holdings Corp, lower by 6.0%.
* On the TSX 125 issues rose and 106 fell as a 1.2-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 15 new highs and 1 new low, with total volume of 153.0 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Encana Corp , Aurora Cannabis Inc and Semafo Inc.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 0.37 points, or 0.3%, while the financials sector slipped 0.11 points, or 0.0%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 0.58%, or $0.33, to $56.91 a barrel. Brent crude fell 0.43% , or $0.27, to $62.24 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 17.9% for the year.