* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.16 percent to 16,909.38
* Leading the index were Wesdome Gold Mines Ltd , up 6.1%, Semafo Inc , up 4.6%, and Exchange Income Corp , higher by 4.5%.
* Lagging shares were Hudbay Minerals Inc , down 9.1%, Bombardier Inc, down 5.8%, and Intertape Polymer Group Inc, lower by 5.5%.
* On the TSX 117 issues rose and 107 fell as a 1.1-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 14 new highs and 2 new lows, with total volume of 230.7 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Prairiesky Royalty Ltd , Bombardier Inc and Encana Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 1.28 points, or 0.9%, while the financials sector climbed 0.29 points, or 0.1%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 0.09%, or $0.05, to $56.81 a barrel. Brent crude fell 0.18% , or $0.11, to $62.07
* The TSX is up 18.1% for the year.