* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.29 percent to 16,957.99
* Leading the index were Home Capital Group Inc , up 14.2%, CAE Inc , up 4%, and Eldorado Gold Corp , higher by 3.4%.
* Lagging shares were NFI Group Inc , down 12.0%, Canada Goose Holdings Inc, down 11.0%, and Shawcor Ltd, lower by 10.3%.
* On the TSX 133 issues rose and 96 fell as a 1.4-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 19 new highs and 6 new lows, with total volume of 184.2 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Encana Corp , Enbridge Inc and Bombardier Inc.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 0.68 points, or 0.5%, while the financials sector slipped 0.34 points, or 0.1%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.72%, or $0.41, to $57.21 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.69% , or $0.43, to $62.49 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 18.4% for the year.