The Art Deco facade of the original Toronto Stock Exchange building is seen on Bay Street in Toronto, Ontario, Canada January 23, 2019. REUTERS/Chris Helgren
* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 0.00 percent to 17,167.82
* Leading the index were CAE Inc (CAE.TO), up 4.1%, Cott Corp (BCB.TO), up 4%, and Freehold Royalties Ltd (FRU.TO), higher by 3.8%.
* Lagging shares were Westshore Terminals Investment Corp (WTE.TO), down 10.7%, Encana Corp ECA.TO, down 7.6%, and Baytex Energy Corp (BTE.TO), lower by 7.5%.
* On the TSX 106 issues rose and 120 fell as a 0.9-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 16 new highs and 3 new lows, with total volume of 246.7 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc (ACB.TO), Baytex Energy Corp (BTE.TO) and Encana Corp ECA.TO.
* The TSX’s energy group .SPTTEN fell 2.85 points, or 1.9%, while the financials sector .SPTTFS climbed 2.51 points, or 0.8%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 fell 3.78%, or $2.37, to $60.33 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 fell 3.05% , or $2.08, to $66.19 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 0.6% for the year.