* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 2.61 percent to 13,378.75
* Leading the index were Shawcor Ltd <SCL.TO>, up 32.8%, Canadian Natural Resources Ltd , up 22.5%, and Suncor Energy Inc , higher by 18.4%.
* Lagging shares were Cronos Group Inc , down 11.4%, Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP_u.TO), down 8.6%, and Seabridge Gold Inc, lower by 7.6%.
* On the TSX 166 issues rose and 63 fell as a 2.6-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There was 1 new high and 1 new low, with total volume of 499.0 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Suncor Energy Inc , Cenovus Energy Inc and Bombardier Inc.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 8.06 points, or 15.5%, while the financials sector climbed 7.39 points, or 3.1%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.05%, or $0.01, to $20.1 a barrel. Brent crude fell 0.22%, or $0.05, to $22.71 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 21.6% for the year.