* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 1.22 percent to 12,938.30
* Leading the index were Crescent Point Energy Corp <CPG.TO>, up 11.8%, Seven Generations Energy Ltd , up 9.4%, and Baytex Energy Corp , higher by 9.1%.
* Lagging shares were Chemtrade Logistics Income Fund CHE_u.TO, down 10.5%, CI Financial Corp, down 10.3%, and Mullen Group Ltd, lower by 9.3%.
* On the TSX 54 issues rose and 175 fell as a 0.3-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were no and 4 new lows, with total volume of 354.9 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Cenovus Energy Inc , Crescent Point Energy Corp and Bombardier Inc.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 1.24 points, or 1.9%, while the financials sector slipped 4.96 points, or 2.1%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 14.53%, or $3.68, to $29 a barrel. Brent crude rose 15.87%, or $4.75, to $34.69 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 24.2% for the year.
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.