* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 1.09 percent to 14,620.34
* Leading the index were Pretium Resources Inc <PVG.TO>, up 11.9%, Wheaton Precious Metals Corp , up 9.4%, and Alacer Gold Corp , higher by 7.4%.
* Lagging shares were Ag Growth International Inc , down 8.9%, Alaris Royalty Corp, down 8.8%, and Cineplex Inc, lower by 8.8%.
* On the TSX 43 issues rose and 186 fell as a 0.2-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 5 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 287.2 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Bombardier Inc , Cenovus Energy Inc and Manulife Financial Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 3.33 points, or 4.3%, while the financials sector slipped 5.28 points, or 2.1%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 4.51%, or $0.85, to $19.69 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.45%, or $0.12, to $26.6
* The TSX is off 14.3% for the year.