* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.04 percent to 14,509.66
* Leading the index were Aurora Cannabis Inc <ACB.TO>, up 11.0%, Air Canada , up 7.9%, and Endeavour Mining Corp , higher by 7.6%.
* Lagging shares were Frontera Energy Corp , down 9.5%, Equitable Group Inc, down 7.7%, and First Quantum Minerals Ltd, lower by 7.6%.
* On the TSX 111 issues rose and 113 fell as a 1-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 8 new highs and 2 new lows, with total volume of 307.5 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Manulife Financial Corp , Enbridge Inc and Cenovus Energy Inc.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 0.28 points, or 0.4%, while the financials sector slipped 0.01 points, or 0.0%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 9.57%, or $2.42, to $27.71 a barrel. Brent crude rose 7.43%, or $2.17, to $31.36 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 15% for the year.