* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.89 percent to 14,638.90
* Leading the index were Aurora Cannabis Inc <ACB.TO>, up 66.9%, Hexo Corp , up 22.6%, and Canopy Growth Corp , higher by 14.7%.
* Lagging shares were Chorus Aviation Inc , down 7.0%, Canada Goose Holdings Inc, down 6.6%, and Bombardier Inc, lower by 4.6%.
* On the TSX 145 issues rose and 83 fell as a 1.7-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 14 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 287.0 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc , Bombardier Inc and Kinross Gold Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 2.17 points, or 3.0%, while the financials sector slipped 1.75 points, or 0.7%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 7.58%, or $2.09, to $29.65 a barrel. Brent crude rose 5.65%, or $1.76, to $32.89 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 14.2% for the year.