* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.48 percent to 15,148.12
* Leading the index were BRP Inc <DOO.TO>, up 11.0%, Equitable Group Inc , up 10.3%, and NFI Group Inc , higher by 9.8%.
* Lagging shares were NovaGold Resources Inc , down 11.5%, Hexo Corp, down 11.0%, and Shopify Inc, lower by 11.0%.
* On the TSX 156 issues rose and 73 fell as a 2.1-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 4 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 299.7 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Hexo Corp , Bombardier Inc and Suncor Energy Inc.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 1.05 points, or 1.3%, while the financials sector climbed 12.39 points, or 5.2%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 2.77%, or $0.92, to $34.17 a barrel. Brent crude rose 1.52%, or $0.54, to $36.07 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 11.2% for the year.
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.