* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 0.88 percent to 15,833.74
* Leading the index were Bombardier Inc <BBDb.TO>, up 8.6%, Centerra Gold Inc, up 5.8%, and Martinrea International Inc, higher by 5.4%.
* Lagging shares were Shawcor Ltd, down 16.8%, Air Canada, down 10.2%, and Baytex Energy Corp, lower by 9.6%.
* On the TSX 58 issues rose and 169 fell as a 0.3-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were no and no new lows, with total volume of 360.2 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Bombardier Inc, Hexo Corp and Suncor Energy Inc.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 3.34 points, or 3.5%, while the financials sector slipped 2.92 points, or 1.0%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.52%, or $0.2, to $38.39 a barrel. Brent crude fell 0.12%, or $0.06, to $40.74
* The TSX is off 7.2% for the year.