* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 1.74 percent to 15,294.38
* Leading the index were Torex Gold Resources Inc <TXG.TO>, up 5.1%, Power Corporation of Canada, up 2.9%, and WPT Industrial Real Estate Investment Trust, higher by 2.6%.
* Lagging shares were Vermilion Energy Inc, down 8.2%, Seven Generations Energy Ltd, down 7.4%, and Enerplus Corp, lower by 7.1%.
* On the TSX 20 issues rose and 202 fell as a 0.1-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were no and no new lows, with total volume of 237.1 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Cenovus Energy Inc, Suncor Energy Inc and Canadian Natural Resources Ltd.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 3.03 points, or 3.8%, while the financials sector slipped 4.94 points, or 1.9%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 5.7%, or $2.3, to $38.07 a barrel. Brent crude fell 5.42%, or $2.31, to $40.32
* The TSX is off 10.4% for the year.