* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.79 percent to 16,644.99
* Leading the index were Kinaxis Inc <KXS.TO>, up 7.9%, Enghouse Systems Ltd , up 7.9%, and Ivanhoe Mines Ltd , higher by 7.4%.
* Lagging shares were Aurora Cannabis Inc , down 5.6%, Cineplex Inc, down 3.2%, and B2Gold Corp, lower by 3.1%.
* On the TSX 143 issues rose and 73 fell as a 2-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 8 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 199.8 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Suncor Energy Inc , Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp and Manulife Financial Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 0.82 points, or 1.0%, while the financials sector climbed 0.13 points, or 0.1%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.92%, or $0.39, to $43 a barrel. Brent crude rose 1.17%, or $0.53, to $45.81 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 2.5% for the year.
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.