* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.68 percent to 15,685.92
* Leading the index were Aurora Cannabis Inc <ACB.TO>, up 15.6%, Cronos Group Inc , up 12.2%, and Aphria Inc , higher by 10.6%.
* Lagging shares were Lightspeed POS Inc , down 2.9%, Aritzia Inc, down 2.7%, and CGI Inc, lower by 2.3%.
* On the TSX 177 issues rose and 45 fell as a 3.9-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 2 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 157.6 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Suncor Energy Inc , Aphria Inc and Cenovus Energy Inc.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 1.38 points, or 2.2%, while the financials sector climbed 1.32 points, or 0.5%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 3.24%, or $1.16, to $36.95 a barrel. Brent crude rose 3.27%, or $1.24, to $39.18 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 8.1% for the year.
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.