* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 1.32 percent to 16,552.54
* Leading the index were Intertape Polymer Group Inc <ITP.TO>, up 20.7%, SSR Mining Inc , up 9.5%, and Teranga Gold Corp , higher by 6.7%.
* Lagging shares were NFI Group Inc , down 12.8%, Cascades Inc, down 10.6%, and Vermilion Energy Inc, lower by 8.7%.
* On the TSX 64 issues rose and 158 fell as a 0.4-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 3 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 186.0 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Enbridge Inc , Aurora Cannabis Inc and Suncor Energy Inc.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 5.12 points, or 6.4%, while the financials sector slipped 3.86 points, or 1.3%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 1.16%, or $0.48, to $40.97 a barrel. Brent crude fell 1.05%, or $0.46, to $43.34 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 3% for the year.
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.