1 Min Read
DUBAI (Reuters) - Seven people were killed on Tuesday in a suicide bombing on a mosque in the Yemeni capital Sanaa, the Houthi-run state news agency said, and Islamic State claimed responsibility for the attack.
The agency said in a text message that the attack targeted al-Nour mosque in the al-Nahda neighborhood in northwestern Sanaa.
Islamic State said in a statement that dozens of Houthis preparing to go to the front had been killed or wounded in the attack, which targeted the local al-Nour university.
Reporting by Mohammed Ghobari and Ali Abdelaty, writing by Sami Aboudi