NEW YORK (Reuters) - * The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX fell 64.48 points, or 0.41 percent, to 15,568.85.
* Leading the index were New Gold Inc, up 5.2 percent, Precision Drilling Corp, up 5 percent, and Celestica Inc, higher by 4.5 percent.
* Lagging shares were Aphria Inc, down 9.8 percent, Snc-Lavalin Group Inc, down 7.4 percent, and Canopy Growth Corp, lower by 5.1 percent.
* On the TSX 91 issues rose and 140 fell as a 0.7-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 17 new highs and 1 new low, with total volume of 192.8 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc, Bombardier Inc and Aphria Inc.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 1.13 points, or 0.78 percent, while the financials sector slipped 1.36 points, or 0.46 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 0.61 percent, or $0.33, to $52.39 a barrel. Brent crude fell 0.98 percent, or $0.61, to $61.49.
* The TSX is up 8.7 percent for the year.
Reporting by Lewis Krauskopf