* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX rose 68.57 points, or 0.41 percent, to 16,612.81.
* Leading the index were Ero Copper Corp, up 10.5 percent, Canopy Growth Corp, up 4.4 percent, and Martinrea International Inc, higher by 3.7 percent.
* Lagging shares were Hudbay Minerals Inc, down 4.0 percent, Kinross Gold Corp, down 3.3 percent, and Fortuna Silver Mines Inc, lower by 3.3 percent.
* On the TSX 153 issues rose and 84 fell as a 1.8-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 9 new highs and 3 new lows, with total volume of 195.4 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc, Hexo Corp and Aphria Inc.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 0.09 points, or 0.1 percent, while the financials sector climbed 1.31 points, or 0.4 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.39 percent, or $0.25, to $64.01 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.47 percent, or $0.34, to $71.96
* The TSX is up 16 percent for the year.
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.