* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX fell 21.52 points, or 0.13 percent, to 16,227.24.
* Leading the index were Cascades Inc, up 13.1 percent, Canfor Corp, up 7.6 percent, and BlackBerry Ltd, higher by 6.2 percent.
* Lagging shares were Precision Drilling Corp, down 7.5 percent, Encana Corp, down 6.6 percent, and Kelt Exploration Ltd, lower by 6.1 percent.
* On the TSX 120 issues rose and 117 fell as a 1-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 8 new highs and 10 new lows, with total volume of 190.7 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Encana Corp, Enbridge Inc and Barrick Gold Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 1.78 points, or 1.3 percent, while the financials sector slipped 2.67 points, or 0.9 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 4.11 percent, or $2.19, to $51.08 a barrel. Brent crude fell 3.92 percent, or $2.44, to $59.85
* The TSX is up 13.3 percent for the year.