* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.59 percent to 16,309.23
* Leading the index were Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd , up 14.0 percent, Bausch Health Companies Inc , up 5.4 percent, and Aphria Inc , higher by 4.9 percent.
* Lagging shares were Precision Drilling Corp , down 5.0 percent, CannTrust Holdings Inc, down 4.6 percent, and B2Gold Corp, lower by 3.3 percent.
* On the TSX 150 issues rose and 82 fell as a 1.8-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 9 new highs and 5 new lows, with total volume of 178.9 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Manulife Financial Corp , Enbridge Inc and Encana Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 1.17 points, or 1.0 percent, while the financials sector climbed 1.81 points, or 0.6 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 0.45 percent, or $0.25, to $55.88 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.52 percent, or $0.31, to $60.34 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 13.9 percent for the year.