* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 0.42 percent to 13,899.32
* Leading the index were BlackBerry Ltd <BB.TO>, up 7.8%, Ballard Power Systems Inc , up 5.9%, and Shopify Inc , higher by 5.8%.
* Lagging shares were Enerplus Corp , down 10.9%, Husky Energy Inc, down 9.5%, and Vermilion Energy Inc, lower by 9.3%.
* On the TSX 106 issues rose and 122 fell as a 0.9-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 5 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 288.4 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Bombardier Inc , Cenovus Energy Inc and Kinross Gold Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 2.51 points, or 4.1%, while the financials sector slipped 5.75 points, or 2.4%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 0.6%, or $0.12, to $19.75 a barrel. Brent crude rose 1.99%, or $0.55, to $28.24
* The TSX is off 18.5% for the year.