* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 1.19 percent to 14,420.36
* Leading the index were BRP Inc <DOO.TO>, up 10.7%, Interfor Corp , up 8.7%, and First Quantum Minerals Ltd , higher by 8.2%.
* Lagging shares were Secure Energy Services Inc , down 8.3%, Frontera Energy Corp, down 8.1%, and Vermilion Energy Inc, lower by 6.8%.
* On the TSX 159 issues rose and 69 fell as a 2.3-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 7 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 323.7 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were B2gold Corp , Manulife Financial Corp and Cenovus Energy Inc.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 0.45 points, or 0.7%, while the financials sector climbed 1.72 points, or 0.7%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 4.12%, or $0.68, to $17.18 a barrel. Brent crude rose 3.47%, or $0.74, to $22.07 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 15.5% for the year.