* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.37 percent to 16,183.66
* Leading the index were Silvercrest Metals Inc <SIL.TO>, up 11.2%, OceanaGold Corp , up 9.9%, and First Majestic Silver Corp , higher by 9.2%.
* Lagging shares were Methanex Corp , down 4.8%, Martinrea International Inc, down 3.5%, and First Quantum Minerals Ltd, lower by 3.4%.
* On the TSX 92 issues rose and 126 fell as a 0.7-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 23 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 199.9 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Enbridge Inc , Manulife Financial Corp and Royal Bank Of Canada.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 1.34 points, or 1.7%, while the financials sector slipped 1.22 points, or 0.5%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.25%, or $0.1, to $40.69 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.21%, or $0.09, to $43.23 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 5.2% for the year.